Connect Beam to Wi-Fi
Hi there! We will help you set up your new Beam on a smartphone or tablet in this step-by-step guide. When you first take Beam out of the box or into an area with no known Wi-Fi connection, it will show the Wi-Fi setup when powered on:
Follow the steps that are listed on Beam’s display screen.
- Download the Beam app. If you use an Android operated phone or tablet, you can download this app by using the Google Play store. If you use an Apple operated smartphone or tablet, download this app by visiting the App Store on your smartphone/tablet.
- Connect your smartphone to the Beam_xxxxx network. On your smartphone/tablet, go to your Wi-Fi settings. Look for a network named ‘Beam_xxxxx’ (the x’s represent random numbers and letters). For example, in the above screenshot the network is named ‘Beam_6a6688’. Connect to this network and enter the password ‘controlbeam’.
When your smartphone/tablet is successfully connected to Beam’s Wi-Fi, Beam will show a new screen with instructions:
1. Open the “Beam Remote” app on your smartphone/tablet.
2. Use the touchpad in the Beam Remote app to move the cursor to NEXT. If you open the Beam remote app on your smartphone/tablet, it will first locate your Beam and automatically connect to it. Once the Beam Remote is connected to your Beam, you will see a screen with a touchpad on your smartphone/tablet. Move your finger over this touchpad to navigate to ‘Next’, and tap on the touchpad to select it.
Once you’ve pressed next the following screen will be displayed:
A list of available networks will be displayed here. Use the touchpad of the Beam Remote app to select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect with. If your network is not there you can try moving Beam closer to your router and use the rescan button on Beam, located in the bottom left of the screen.
Select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect with and the following screen will appear:
Use the keyboard tab of the Beam Remote app on your smartphone/tablet to enter the password of your Wi-Fi network.
Beam will now try to connect to your Wi-Fi network!
If you have successfully connected Beam to your home Wi-Fi, the following, final screen appears:
Follow the next steps to successfully finish the Wi-Fi setup:
- Connect your smartphone to your own Wi-Fi network. Reconnect your smartphone/tablet to your home or office Wi-Fi. In most cases this will happen automatically. Check your network settings to make sure your smartphone/tablet is connected to your home Wi-Fi.
- Open the Beam Remote app on your smartphone/tablet. If the Beam Remote app is already opened, it will automatically scan for nearby Beams connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If the Beam Remote app is not able to make a connection with Beam, press ‘Try again’.
- If prompted, select your new Beam.
- Press the NEXT button. Use the touchpad of the Beam Remote app on your smartphone/tablet to navigate to ‘NEXT’ in the bottom right of the display screen of Beam.
Congratulations! You have successfully finished the Wi-Fi setup. Your Beam is ready to rock and share its awesomeness with the rest of the world.
If you still have trouble connecting Beam with your home Wi-Fi, or trouble connecting to Beam via the Beam Remote App, then go to our Wi-Fi troubleshooting page. A list of possible solutions is listed there. If the problem still exists, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.