● The websites beamlabsinc.com and www.controlmybeam.com (collectively “Sites”).
● Our products that are purchasable on our Site or from an authorized reseller as directed by Beam Labs B.V. (“Beam Labs”).
● The mobile applications from Beam Labs, such as, but not limited to, ‘Beam Remote’, ‘Beam Weather’ and ‘Beam Clock’.
1. Reasons to collect personal information
We ask you to share your personal data with us for multiple purposes, including, but not limited to:
● Making a purchase on our Web Site, such as buying a Beam-product;
● Helping us improve our Products and Services;
● Keeping you informed with newsletters, updates, and any information regarding our Products;
● Participating in Beam Labs online communities, such as our social media pages;
● Entering a sweepstake or contest;
● To enable us to optimize customer service and continuously improve our Services;
● Resolving customer and/or product issues;
● When downloading or using one of our mobile applications;
● Receiving personalized messages, special offers and advertisements that are relevant to your personal interests, based on the information you have shared with us and information we have collected through techniques such as ‘cookies’ regarding your use of the Beam Labs websites and/or social media. For more information about cookies, please read our Cookie Notice;
● When applying for a job posting.
Please note that if you share information with social media, that information can be viewed publicly and can be used and collected by third parties without our involvement and knowledge, and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties.
We will only process the personal data you have shared with us for the purposes that we have communicated with you. If we use it for other (closely related) purposes, additional data protection measures will be implemented if required by law.
2. The type of information that we collect
We may ask for or receive certain data when you interact with Beam Labs, for example by purchasing a product on our Site, contacting us with personal data to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or for example responding on social media updates on Facebook or Twitter. The types of data we can collect are:
● Your name;
● Your email address;
● Your telephone number;
● Your postal address;
● Payment information;
● Your social media profile;
● Your gender;
● Your age;
● Device model and serial number;
● Information about the products you’ve purchased;
● Your usage of and activities on our Beam Labs Services;
● Your interests; and
● Other information related to your online behavior.
We may collect personal data through for example cookies, including, but not limited to:
● Your IP address;
● Your location;
● Your web browser;
● Your cookie ID;
● The web pages you visit on our websites;
● The advertisements you have viewed or clicked on.
3. How we collect and use your personal information
You can share your personal data with Beam Labs in several ways, including, but not limited to:
● Ordering a product;
● Your communications with Beam Labs, for example by contacting our support team by sending an e-mail to email@example.com;
● Participating in a game or promotion;
● Participating in a social media activity related to a promotion for one of our Products (for example by clicking “like” or “share”);
● Subscribing to our newsletter;
● Participating in surveys;
● Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites;
● By accessing and using our services.
We use the information that we collect in order to:
● Provide you with support;
● Improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
● Analyze the popularity, usability, accuracy or effectiveness of the Services Administer and troubleshoot the Services;
● Provide you with the services and products you have purchased or requested and send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
● To administer sweepstakes and contests;
● Help preventing fraud and enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services.
● If you use our developer services: permit you to obtain materials that enable you to develop applications;
● Generate and review data/reports Service usage patterns;
● Send you marketing e-mails about Beam Labs products, software updates and services that we believe may be of interest to you;
● Update third party applications that you have downloaded to Beam;
● Notify you about new features of the Services;
● Send you newsletters;
4. Information sharing
“We” (Beam Labs) will not share any personal information for commercial or marketing goals, which are not related to the delivery of our Products and Services, without your consent. We never sell or rent our customer lists. We will only disclose personal data in conformance with this Privacy Notice and/or when required by law. We may however share your information for the following purposes:
● We may share your personal information with our service providers, who use your personal information in order to process payments, fulfill orders, delivering certain features and/or services and for marketing. The service provider is only in this context allowed to use your personal information, and they are never allowed to use this information for their promotional purposes;
● We may provide your identity and mobile device identifier to third party app store providers, such as Google’s Play Store and Apple’s App Store, to allow you to download our applications;
● For legal reasons, we may provide information to a party if we believe that we are required to do so, for example to defend against legal claims, or in response to court orders, subpoenas and other legal processes we receive, or to exercise and establish our legal rights;
● User information may be among transferred assets in business transitions, such as the sale of the company and/or all part of its assets;
● In all other cases when we have your permission.
If we are required by law to obtain your consent, or believe that your consent is appropriate in the given circumstances, we will obtain your consent before we share your personal data.
5. How we protect information
We take our responsibility to protect your personal information seriously. We’ve taken appropriate security measures in order to prevent unauthorized disclosure and use of information, such as secure servers, firewalls and the encryption of certain types of data. We can however not guarantee that personal information will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with our Privacy Notice.
6. Changes to this policy
You always have the option to not agree to the revised notice. However, if that is the case, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using our Services. If you continue to access or make use of our Services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy notice.